BORNO SOLAR PHASE 1
EM-ONE developed contract-ready solar system designs for select general hospitals, primary health centres and schools in the Northeast of Nigeria, an area suffering a major crisis due to years of Boko Haram insurgency. We provided turnkey EPC of 3 proprietary standard solar micro grids at three General Hospitals across Borno State.
Borno Solar Phase 1 was a finalist at The Intersolar's 2018 The smarter E Award in the "Outstanding Projects" category.
EM-ONE provided design consultancy, project management, and test & commissioning services. The project comprised of 213 off-grid solar systems with integrated backup battery banks and remote monitoring systems installed at 11 Primary Health Centres and 175 secondary schools across 10 Local Government Areas.
EM-ONE undertook the site survey, front-end engineering & design consultancy of 40 off-grid PV systems at primary health centres across Kaduna State, as well as the project management for construction & installation of 34 of these systems.
MINI-GRID DESIGN & OPERATION MASTERPLAN
EM-ONE produced a mini-grid masterplan through the site survey of 10 Wards across Nigeria that informed the front-end engineering of give standard solar system designs and six business models that could be scaled on a national level to address energy access challenges faced in rural and unelectrified parts of the country.
EM-ONE's other key projects include:
- Project Management & Engineering Support to Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (NIAF) for 22 numbers of TCN Transmission substations and lines.
- Design & Engineering of grid interconnection (substation & transmission line) of 80MW Solar Farm in Nigeria.
- Feasibility study for 4 X 20 MW Utility Solar Projects in Northern Nigeria
- Design, Engineering and Construction of Solar Hybrid Systems for Total Service Stations in various locations in Nigeria.
- The Rural Electrification of 200 communities across Nigeria for various state government, Federal Ministry of Power, and Rural Electrification Agency, Nigeria.